If I'm being honest...

If I'm being honest...

I miss blogging.
But, I'm also embarrassed of many of the things I've written publicly in the past.

Some of it was just immature.
Some of it was naive.

Like a diary, it certainly tracks how I've changed as a person over time. I like being able to look back and see how I've grown. But I hate the idea of being held accountable for thoughts and opinions I had a decade or more ago. I've been hesitant to blog again because I wonder if I'll feel the same way in 10 years about what I am writing now.

If I'm being honest...

I desperately need community with other moms.
But, I also work full-time and the usual outlets for connecting do not seem open to me. I think I'm starting this blog as an attempt to connect without time or space being a factor.

If I'm being honest...

I always try to be inclusive. I post the things that feel universal regardless of beliefs or background. I seek out friendships with people whose experiences are different from my own.
But, I'm realizing that it is okay for my identity to be wrapped up in motherhood and my faith. Sometimes I just need to talk about those things in a safe space. Maybe this can be that space, for now.

If I'm being honest...

I prefer my "faith talk" to happen in person.
I'm not ashamed of my faith, I just think social media is not a healthy outlet for me. I don't take criticism well from strangers. I hate being misunderstood. Debating seems more productive when you are face to face, and my friends list is full of people from every walk of life.

If I'm being honest...

I need a place to share my honest thoughts about motherhood, marriage, and faith. And I'm going to try and do that here, for now.

--Noelle

Comments